Translate

четвер, 8 листопада 2007 р.

Thanks Jeff.

Yesterday I was at the railway station. My friend Jeff was going to
leave Dnipro for a week to visit Canada on his personal affairs. And
before train's departure i met him in Puzata Hata to have dinner (or
maybe supper). When i came up there Jeff was not alone. He was with
his colleage. That was american man John with his family. John and
Jeff are working now at the same language school.
So i was introduced to John and we went to take some food to eat. Then
we all sat at one table and began to eat and speak on different
themes. After some time passed John asked me where i was from. I
answered that i am Ukrainian. And then he said the thing that made me
for a moment maybe the happiest man in the world.
He said that he was surprised by my English speaking. And John's
foster son (from Ukraine i guess) also admitted that he has a lot of
friends who know a lot grammar and rules in English but they can't be
so FLUENT as I am.
I was in awe. Speaking fluent English was a part of my dream. And it's
realized:)
Thanks Jeff for making my dreams come true:)

4 коментарі:

  1. Privet curly Vova!!

    Yeah, I have to agree on this one too. You speak fluent English for sure...and as we all should realize..language is not simply about grammar, but communicating effective messages.

    Keep movin and groovin' :)

    ВідповістиВидалити
  2. We never met before, but I can tell from your mails that you DO speak English well...Apart from you, so far I got mails from Anastasiya, Maxim, and Julia....Among them, I can tell that your English is the best....sometimes it's easy to judge something just from they way people write....but don't forget that foreign language is just a tool. National language is our identity....keep up the good job, dude!
    - Indra
    The next trainee to Dnipro

    ВідповістиВидалити
  3. Thanks for your reference Indradya:)
    For me it's a great pleasure to read such words. I will try to do my best!

    ВідповістиВидалити